Saturday, May 17, 2008

209 The Story of a Story...

Several years ago I started writing a novel about the only Australian who died on the RMS Titanic. His name was Arthur Gordon McCrae (b.1880) and the research I have undertaken to complete this novel has been an extraordinary experience.

My name is Steven Rafter and this is the information behind the build up to the launch of '209 A Story'...

I have traveled across the world, walking in the footsteps of Arthur McCrae. From the gates of Sydney Grammar School on College Street in Sydney, New South Wales to sitting next to his final resting spot at Fairview Cemetery in Halifax, Nova Scotia in Canada, this story takes in four continents, eleven countries and spans a total of one hundred and forty-three years. Arthur died at the age of 32.

By creating this web log I hope it will give you some interesting information in the lead up to the launch of the novel in March of 2009.

From the amount of questions I have had from people about the novel - I thought it would be better to make this information available for anyone who is interested in being up-to-date in the lead up to the launch of '209 A Story'.

Please feel free to drop me an email if you would like to do so. Thanks for your interest and I hope you enjoy the book.

Cheers Steven