Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chapter 9

Bank of Africa
2 Military Road
Port Elizabeth
South Africa

Friday, 15th March 1907.

Dearest Arthur,

This is my last attempt to make contact with you. I do hope you receive this letter.

The reason for my concern is set out as follows and your immediate attention to it is of utmost importance.

I have concerns regarding the account that you opened here in Port Elizabeth three years ago.

I was disappointed to hear that you had made a visit to Port Elizabeth while I was away but there was good reason for my absence. I am now the manager of the branch and it worried me when a man presented himself here a few months back claiming to be you and wishing to access your safety deposit box. It was only by chance that I overheard the situation with one of my staff when I realised something was wrong.
Should I not have word from you within seven days, I will need to refer the matter to the police.

Yours Sincerely,

Paul Vandenberg
Manger,
Bank of Africa.
Port Elizabeth.