Saturday, August 30, 2008

'My breath fogged up the glass ...so I drew a new face and I laughed...'




When you throw your entire life up into the air and make a decision to finish writing a book, there comes a point when it either dies of natural causes... or... every so often when you are struggling with the DEADLINE... something happens to make the adventure more magical than you possibly imagine.

That was my week...

I had originally planned for my blog this week to commence with a whimsical quote by Douglas Adams, who once said ... 'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. ' The reason for this was due to the fact that I have a deadline of two weeks and I'm doing my own head in from that whooshing sound! (... and not to mention the cross words I had with my business manager!)

Then... I changed my mind...
Instead of being about dead lines I decided to go for the more positive aspects of the week and how I received a number of text messages from people telling me that they liked the article in the 'Omnibus' about the book.
Changed mind... again...
On Thursday http://www.209astory.com/ went on line with a splash page and I thought I could write about how exciting it was to work with mooglemedia to get this off the ground. Then I realised that some people would not understand the term 'splash page' and I would have to spend three paragraphs explaining the concept.

Change... again...
I then thought I would discuss the editing of one of the remaining chapters of the book. NAMELY CHAPTER 8 - which originally was 26 pages long and I had to reduce it to approximately 15. I had written about it - and it become so full on that I just 'Control A'd' and deleted immediately...

And then it happened... re: the magic... and it came in the form of... a song!

It summed up everything I believe about the relationship I have '209 A Story'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHTsc9PU2A (for those who may not know ...if you click on the underlined section (link) it will take you to the song on YouTube.) It is a song called 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz. It is cute and makes you smile - particular the video...

From the chance hearing of this song ... and taking the time to read through the 3 pages of lyrics... It made me stop worrying about things ie deadline ... and I realised how much I appreciate the very moment in which I find myself. You can have a read through the words yourself and see what you think...

I have no doubt it will be a number 1 hit here in Australia...

This song was released in the United States in June of 2008 and if you want to see how popular it is... see the links below - I'll warn you now... some are good and some are not so good... but that is not the point...

and that is just a few... there are literally 100's of them... and it blew me away...

... Yeah ... every day I am amazed at the things we people do and the lessons I learn...

Sorry to cut this short... but people... I have a deadline... gotta go... 'I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some. But, I won't hesitate no more. It cannot wait... I'm yours!'

Have a good week everyone and, as always - thank you for your email... btw ... I can't wait for the book to be printed either!!!!
Have a good week.
Peace
Steven